|Creator: Mecha the Slag|
Projectile is semi-controllable
On hit: +100 vertical pushforce
-20% firing speed
-30% blast radius
It functions similarly to the default Rocket Launcher, but features the ability to remotely direct the rockets by looking towards the desired destination while the rocket is in flight. It also adds extra vertical push force to targets damaged by it, but in return it is slower to fire and has a slightly reduced blast radius.
Damage and function timesEdit
|Damage and Function Times|
|Damage type||Projectile (Rocket)|
|Projectile speed||1100/ s|
|Attack interval||0.96 s|
|Reload (first)||0.92 s|
|Reload (consecutive)||0.8 s|
- Focusing down Sentries from a distance is difficult due to the fact that you must point at the Sentry constantly to deal damage with it, so the Matador is a much better anti-personnel launcher.
- Use the increased push force to juggle enemies more easily or get them in the air to deal minicrits with the Reserve Shooter. It's also useful for Rocket Jumping to very high locations.
- The extra push force also applies to yourself, giving you a lot more room to use weapons such as Old Abe and the Marauder's Mace.
- You can also use the increased push force to combo the Matador with the Chains of Command being that while they're in mid-air it's easier to hit your targets.
- The Matador is one of the weapons that survived from the first version of the mods
- The Matador originally had a different model, and slightly different stats (barely noticeable though)
- A similar-looking weapon called the Air Strike has been added in the Love & War Update by Valve.
- The Matador was the first item relating to AWP created in the Slaggy Workshop.